Middletown, New York Bankruptcy Lawyers Provide Thoroughly Considered Debt Solutions
Orange County firm handles bankruptcy cases and closely related matters
The bankruptcy law firm of Hayward, Parker, O’Leary & Pinsky Esqs. protects the rights of individual debtors and small businesses in Middletown, Newburgh, Orange County and the Greater Hudson Valley through the effective use of the Bankruptcy Code and related federal and state (New York) statutes. Attorneys Michael O’Leary and Michael Pinsky devote their entire careers to helping clients obtain the maximum available Debt Relief by representing them in the following:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy — which involves the elimination of credit card debt, medical debt and unsecured loans, and can be used to “walk away” from mortgage loans and car loans that are no longer affordable.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy — which is most commonly used to save your house from foreclosure and involves repaying your past due mortgage payments and other debt, including property and school taxes, over a period of time with manageable monthly payment. In appropriate circumstances Chapter 13 can eliminate 2nd and 3rd mortgages on your home and, when combined with the Bankruptcy Court’s Loss Mitigation Program, provides a homeowner with the best chance to save their house.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy — which involves a business remaining in possession of its assets and continuing its operations while at the same time reorganizing and restructuring its debt
- Bankruptcy Litigation — when creditors get too far out of line, sometimes you have to sue them to hold them accountable
- Mortgage Modification — in the Bankruptcy Court’s Loss Mitigation program, the Bankruptcy Judge supervises the mortgage modification process, often resulting in a speedier resolution.
Experienced attorneys provide clear, high-quality advice at a fair price for mid-Hudson Valley residents
We understand that you have many choices when selecting a bankruptcy attorney. However, selecting the right attorney who prepares thoroughly and understands the importance of timing in bankruptcy can greatly increase your chances of receiving a discharge. We offer:
- Experience — When you retain a Hayward, Parker, O’Leary & Pinsky Esqs. attorney you can rest assured that you are in experienced hands. Attorney Michael O’Learyadministered more than 10,000 cases in his former capacity as a Chapter 7 Trustee and has filed several thousand bankruptcy cases as an attorney. Attorney Mike Pinsky has filed bankruptcy cases for well over 1,000 clients and has handled several of the more high-profile Chapter 11 bankruptcies filed in this region.
- Complementary skill set — Different forms of bankruptcy are best suited to handle different types of debt issues. Our attorneys bring a broad skill set to each bankruptcy case, allowing them to effectively deal with the many issues that may be presented in your case.
- Clear communication — Financial stress can create enormous anxiety. Bankruptcy should reduce your anxiety, but all too often, other attorneys do not clearly explain its benefits. At our firm, you meet and converse with the attorney who represents you. Your attorney clearly and concisely explains what you can expect throughout the bankruptcy process. Understanding the process ahead is the first step to getting your finances and emotions under control.
- Fairly priced services — We understand that you are coming to us because of financial issues. We strive to keep our fees as reasonable as possible while maintaining a high quality level of counsel and advocacy.
We offer high-quality legal advice to reduce your debt burden and protect your property
- Stop foreclosure — The foreclosure process in New York is extremely technical and lengthy, which provides ample ammunition for a foreclosure defense. Throughout the process, the homeowner has numerous opportunities to cure the default, identify a mistake in the process, negotiate loan modifications with lenders and, in appropriate circumstances, eliminate second and third mortgages in Chapter 13. While the automatic stay stops foreclosure under all Bankruptcy Chapters, Chapter 13 is typically better suited to effectively address the issues presented by the foreclosure process.
- Stop repossession — Repossession of a vehicle or other property is a traumatic event. The bankruptcy options generally available are surrendering the vehicle, reaffirming the loan, redeeming the vehicle or working out a modification with your lender. Each Bankruptcy Chapter offers its own set of options for dealing with car loans that will be discussed with you.
- Stop wage garnishment — Wage garnishment is embarrassing and can exacerbate your debt problems by reducing your net income. We help put a stop to your wage garnishment.
- Stop credit card debt — As an unsecured debt, credit card debt can be handled by either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. However, many think this means that they can max their cards before filing. This is not permitted under the bankruptcy code. Bankruptcy fraud and abuse such as this can have serious consequences, including the dismissal of your claim without a discharge of your debts.
- Protect assets — Our approach considers not only eliminating your debt, but also protecting your assets. We will advise you which assets are exempt and devise a strategy for dealing with any non-exempt assets.
- Business bankruptcy — Chapter 11 bankruptcy for businesses allows businesses to reorganize and reduce their debt burden.
Contact us for debt solutions through bankruptcy and its alternatives
From our Middletown office, Hayward, Parker, O’Leary & Pinsky Esqs. has helped thousands of New York residents in Newburgh, Port Jervis, Orange County and beyond with their debt problems. Are you beginning to notice some of bankruptcy’s warning signs? Not sure how to find the right bankruptcy lawyer? If you are looking for a bankruptcy law firm to help you get back on your financial feet, the correct choice is Hayward, Parker, O’Leary & Pinsky Esqs. Begin on the path to financial health today by scheduling your free consultation by contacting us online or calling us at 845-343-6227.